About this role
The 350.org Australia Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Protecting the mission and charitable purpose of 350.org Australia;
- Ensuring long term strategy is in place, including supporting the staff team to develop, monitor and evaluate the organisation’s strategic plan;
- Overseeing, managing and holding responsibility for risk management and reviewing risk on a regular basis;
- Supporting strong financial planning and management of the organisation, including ensuring the organisation uses its resources in a sustainable and impactful way;
- Ensuring organisation oversight, including: approving major strategic and financial decisions;
- Ensuring the organisation remains compliant to regulatory bodies;
- Selecting, supporting and reviewing the performance of the CEO; and
- Providing expert and strategic advice to the CEOs and the staff team as required.
- Are passionate about climate justice, and believe in building a grassroots movement.
- Have lived experience, networks, or professional experience to support 350.org Australia’s work.
- Can attend quarterly 2-hour board meetings over Zoom, and additionally work with the rest of the Board, CEO, and staff for a few hours a month.
- Ideally has previous governance experience in a not-for-profit context (not essential for the right candidate)
In particular, we are looking for Directors who can add any of the following experience to our Board:
- Deep experience in engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and communities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Legal experience, especially an interest in protest rights.
- Organisational management and HR experience.
- Philanthropic experience and networks.
- Political advocacy or government relations experience for a values-aligned organisation.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and impact measurement frameworks in an advocacy context.
How to apply
- A CV of no more than 3 pages
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page, outlining why you’re interested in the role and your lived and professional experience.
Based on your experience, you may be invited to a follow up conversation with the Chair of the Board and the CEO.