- Location: Australia-wide
- Salary: 70,000 per annum pro rata, plus superannuation
- Hours: Part-time, 0.6 FTE
- Contract period: This is a 4 month position
About this role
The 350.org Australia Content Producer will play a pivotal role in 350.org Australia campaigns by engaging and mobilising our supporters to take action through digital channels.
The Content Producer will work on campaigns to stop the flow of money to new fossil fuel projects, such as urging the big four banks to rule out new fossil fuel lending, and contributing to the Our Islands Our Home campaign led by Torres Strait Islanders to protect their island homes from climate impacts.
The Content Producer is responsible for creating compelling content and copywriting for 350.org Australia’s campaign emails, social media, web pages, articles and promotional material.
- Write quality communications for 350.org Australia campaigns such as supporter emails, social media, web pages and articles in 350.org Australia’s voice.
- Design and publish content such as graphics, memes and campaign materials on 350.org Australia’s social media pages.
- Engage 350.org Australia’s community on social media such as monitoring and responding to comments, tags, and direct messages.
- Work with the Digital Director and relevant 350.org Australia teams.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing quality supporter emails and social media posts.
- Experience creating strong graphics, memes, and promotional material using design software such as Canva, Photoshop, InDesign or similar.
- Familiarity with major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ability to reflect the tone and style of 350.org Australia communications in your writing and content.
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team that predominantly works online and remotely.
- Commitment to 350.org Australia’s values
- Ability to listen to and adapt to feedback.
- Good time management, with the capacity to prioritise and be flexible when required.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience as a content writer, copywriter, social media coordinator, campaigner or journalist.
- Experience running advocacy campaigns.
- Capacity to be creative within the branding, tone and style of 350.org Australia
- Video editing skills.
- Experience uploading emails and managing data in supporter relationship systems such as Action Kit, Action Network or Nation Builder.
For more information contact Jody Lightfoot at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Content Producer – Flexible Location enquiry