Administration and Support Services Coordinator
Job Title: Administration and supporter services coordinator
Location: Sydney preferable but negotiable
Salary: 65,000 per annum (pro rata) excluding superannuation
Hours: 3 days / week (0.6 FTE, 22.8 hours per week)
Contract period: This is a 12 month contract position with a 3 month probationary period
Reporting: The position reports to the CEO
About 350.org Australia
350.org Australia is building a grassroots movement to stand up to the fossil fuel industry, and support a just transition from coal, oil and gas to a renewable-energy future for all. Our vision is for a future that is just and equitable, with our communities and ecosystems thriving and protected from the impacts of climate change.
We are a small, skilled and supportive team with a deep commitment to climate justice and a passion for building people-power.
350.org Australia is a charity and the local chapter of the 350.org global grassroots movement. Our purpose is to inform and educate the public about our to inform and educate the general public about climate change and its impact on the natural environment, and encourage research into climate change.
For more information: www.350.org.au
About this Role
The Administration and Supporter Services Coordinator is responsible for coordinating general administrative tasks for the organisation, including office, event, finance, IT and supporter services tasks.
This would be the perfect role for someone who has attention to detail and a passion for supporting grassroots organisations to maximise their impact and perform at their best.
Key duties include:
- Monitoring general enquiries and supporting donors to update their details, make donations, cancel donations, and answer any queries.
- Assist the CEO with scheduling, logistics and minute-taking for board meetings.
- Financial administration tasks such as depositing cheques, filing receipts, and statutory reporting, as needed.
- Assisting with HR processes including the drafting and filing of contracts and setting up new employees on our IT systems.
- Booking staff and volunteer travel, as needed.
- Assist with event logistics for the campaigns and organising programs, as needed.
- Assisting with office administration tasks (although this is minimal as we work from co-working spaces)
Required skills & experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to liaise with a range of people in a professional and friendly manner.
- High level of attention to detail and highly organised, with the ability to juggle different tasks.
- Previous experience with administration and/or supporter services.
- Commitment to climate justice and the work of 350.org Australia.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience with a similar role in an organisation like 350.org Australia, such as another small NGO or advocacy organisation.
How to apply
Please send a 2 page CV, and a 1-2 page cover letter explaining your relevant experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday January 30.
350.org Australia is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities to apply.
For a confidential conversation regarding this position, please email email@example.com to set up a call.